Monday, October 13, 2008

I Still Love This Guy....


Come on ladies, you do too....admit it. I've loved him since "Heathers", but "True Romance" is the bestest ever.
I just watched a bit of "Inside the Actor's Studio" on BRAVO, featuring Christian Slater. I love that guy, thanks to Jennifer Noone.
Jennifer Noone, God Bless that girl, introduced me to one of my favorite cult classics, "True Romance".......and from then on, I was hooked.
Well, I learned something just now, about our guy Christian, that makes me love him even more.
His performance in "Interview With a Vampire" came by default, as the original actor to play the role of the reporter, River Phoenix, overdosed outside the Viper Room shortly before filming started.
Here's the kicker: Christian Slater agreed to take on the role under one condition - every cent he was to be paid for the role went to all of the charities that River Phoenix was involved in. He didn't make a dime - it ALL went to River's charities, mostly aimed at children.
I love that guy.......and damn he's aging well!

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

oh yes... christian is one sexy hunk of man. and y'know... i so heart him from legend of billie jean.
i have not seen true romance... i must check that out!

Heather rules said...

"Heathers" is of course one of my all time favs. For obvious reasons. "F@*k me gently with a chainsaw" Hell yeah!
I also loved him in "Billie Jean" too.
Who is in "True Romance" with him?

Rockyn Robyn said...

Patricia Arquette (of Medium) and A BUNCH of others....it was Quinten Tarrentino's first full length....and it was GOOD.....you'd love it, Heather!

Chris said...

I love "True Romance"! The first time I saw it was during my first trip to England. I had been there for over a month and decided to check out the big multiplex cinema (they're much more rare there than they are here). While I loved the story, too, I mostly liked the movie because they spoke "American" and I missed home so much.

jenny said...

I did not know that about Christian and Interview...very, very cool. Or should I say "you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool"?! True Romance is still my undeniably favorite movie EVER! So glad you thought it was the bomb too.