Friday, October 3, 2008

Too Many Kids.....

In one place at one time, sends me into a glazed-over state that makes me want to drink. Anyone who knows me fairly well, knows this. Funny, I can spend an entire weekend with developmentally disabled people and be just fine. But perfectly normal kids freak me the hell out. I only have one child......there's a reason for that.
Monday night, while my brother and his family were in town, we had dinner with them and my sister and her family. This was a huge test of my patience and there was excessive use of my "bullshit face" as I spent the evening smiling politely and gritting my teeth.
These are my nieces and nephews, and this is the longest they sat still that night....just long enough for a group photo. Left to right: Taylor, Olivia, Joshua & Brady.
This is my brother, David, and his daughter, Olivia. Please note that this gorgeous and very stylish gal has Robyn hair! Spikey Spice Jr. A mini-me of sorts.
I'd like to say I love my family, but there's a history, and suffice it to say, I'm the middle child and therefore am treated like the crazy blacksheep. They don't get me, and thats okay. I don't need them to.
At any rate, it was real good to see my brother and his wife and kids. I do love my brother - he seems to be the only one that accepts my odities and loves me back anyway.

1 comment:

Chris said...

They're just jealous because you're so hip and cool. So am I, come to think of it!