Friday, April 11, 2008

Still on a KU high. Bill. Call Me. We'll Do Lunch.

I love this guy. I may have to put him on my list of celebs to stalk. (Especially since I had to remove Kip Winger. He's kinda let himself go recently.)

I actually got to visit with my Self (c'mon, thats just funny.) for a moment a few years ago at a KU Basketball Clinic (they do it every year for Kansas Special Olympics) he was so sweet - he and the team kept trying to leave, but the athletes went nuts for autographs and they stayed for what seemed an eternity and hung out and signed stuff.

Well, its Friday. Its actually my Wednesday, so I don't get too excited, but it still feels like Friday. I think I may need to get my drink on.

I'm getting tired of the gray weather. I need some sun, pronto.

Tomorrow evening after work, I think we might slip out east to the Red Robin - there's a Special Olympics fundraiser going on out there from noon to 8 p.m. - "Tip a Cop" - its a Law Enforcement Torch Run thing - better show my support, my brother-in-law is the lucky athlete that gets to stand out there and greet people this time - they raise a lot of money for Special Olympics. And, little known fact, the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics started right here in Wichita, KS. Now its national thing.

Okay - must to go find some adult beverages. Woohoo!!

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

Have a great night! We may be hitting Red Rock Canyon with Justin's mom, grandma and bitch ass cousin. I hate her. Snotty ass ho.

Country Girl said...

i was wanting to get a drink on tonight... i've had WAY too much chocolate today. um... those two totally have nothing to do with each other. hmmm... maybe i'm already drunk.

Heather rules said...

I had a few glasses of wine. Ya know, I've never been super impressed with Red Rock. Twas ok.

Linda said...

cool. you hung out with Bill Self! I'm so glad he's staying at KU!