Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Brown Thumb Needs Help.

Okay, I need some help. Jimbo and I are fixin' to tear up and re-do our flower beds, but before we do, I'd kinda like to know what the heck kind of plant life is in there right now. I can't tell the difference between weeds and actual plants, for the most part. Now, don't get me wrong, I know the difference between a geranium and a begonia, but mostly - I've got a GIANT brown thumb. So does Jimbo.

I SUCK at gardening. I'd really like to not suck at it. I'd love to have the kind of pots and beds that my buddy Jeannie over in Riverside has.

Does ANYBODY know what the heck these are?

Does anything look familiar? Most of it has what appears to be purple flowers getting ready to open.

Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? (We're keeping it, but I have no idea what it is.)

This red tree is LOVELY! It was brown and dead all winter, but now its fantastic!

8 comments:

Heather rules said...

I love the colors from that tree.
I bet my thumb is more brown than yours!

Chris said...

I have no idea what these things are. I had some stuff at the place where I used to live that had purple flowers and it turns out they were weeds. I still thought they were pretty. So, I guess I'm not the gal to ask.

El Bee said...

Well, to top you all, my whole hand is brown!!!! :) Sorry, no clue girlfriend.

Linda said...

Looks like your friendly blogger friends aren't going to be any help! We just planted our first tomatoes ever. Obviously I'm a newbie, so I'm no help!

Jennifer Lynne said...

No help here either... I get my plants and flowers at Hobby Lobby.

Jennifer Lynne said...

No help here either... I get my plants and flowers at Hobby Lobby.

Country Girl said...

my thumb is a lovely swirly mix of green and brown. i like to call it the breen grumb. anyhoo... i'm not certain on your green plant... it somewhat resembles azalea leaves, but i've only ever seen them in pink or white. as for your tree... i think it's called a japanese maple - i LOVE them!!

Country Girl said...

also... you should totally take the pics to denning's greenhouse on w 21st (just west of maize, next to ashley furniture). they could tell you what all your stuff is, they are super awesome people in there. very helpful and a wealth of information. they are why i will NEVER buy outdoor flowers at walmart again. - not to mention their plants are so much more beautiful.