Saturday, January 24, 2009

Family comes to Visit.

HEY LOOK! My double chin is going away!
Those workouts and dreadful low-fat lunch-cicles must be working!!

My brother, David and his wife and kids came for a Kansas visit. They're in Texas - my brother is an engineer for Fox Sports. For everything Fox, actually. He's my favorite techno-geek. He invited us out to the sticks, just south of Goddard last night, to join them for dinner at his in-laws. Nothin' like country cookin'!

My nephew Joshua turns 5 today. He's having a big Batman themed pizza party. I'm missing it because I'm working, but its just as well - my family is very disfunctional, and I really don't need the stress. Uncle Jimmy and I bought him Shel Silverstein's "Where the Sidewalk Ends" - I'm sure he'll be thrilled to pieces to get a damn book for his birthday - but we also got a pirate ship to assemble. Uncle Jimmy got sent to the party to bear the brunt of my family hell.
My niece, Olivia, is growing so fast! She's almost a year old and I can already tell she's going to be a LOT like her Aunt Robyn - chatty, chatty. She's a talker! I have no idea what she's saying, but I am positive its very important.

2 comments:

Linda said...

hang in there Robyn. Corby and I both come from dysfunctional families. You just take it a day at a time (and scream into your pillow sometimes).

Rockyn Robyn said...

ah, you're weet! I needed to hear that!