Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday Night with the Kid.

I have discovered that the Daryl Starbird Rod & Custom Show every January is the same old stuff. So I think I'm going to have to skip a few years so I don't get so dreadfully bored. The highlight for me is stalking the folks at the Midwest Airbrush & Pinstriping Guild booth. I'm sure they're sick to death of me.

Becky, Jimbo and myself attended last night, to the tune of $16 a piece. Sheesh. When Mr. Starbird runs off to the big car show in the sky, I hope its on the weekend and his family chooses to run a big gigantic obituary so I can get my damn money back.
Speaking of death, I do believe my favorite exhibit was the copy of "The Black Widow" horse drawn hearse. The undertaker that came with it was one super cool dude....big black top hat and all. Becky & I were in agreement that he looked like Ted Nugent.
I love it when Becky spends time with us on the weekend. Its few and far between with high school and an after school job....me working the weekends......but when the stars are in alignment, she's got a day off from work and there's a teacher in-service Monday, we have us a good time!
She's a tad cooky like her mother though, and just like mom, she appreciates the unusual things in life. Becky and I always seem to find ourselves laughing at the dumbest stuff and embarrassing the heck out of Jimbo......He needs to loosen up.
Here's mommy's little angel checking out some rockabilly boys just out of shot of my camera.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Enjoy your time with Becky!

We haven't been to a Starbird show in at least 10 years. It's too expensive for us...