Sunday, January 11, 2009

Open Letter to John Travolta.

Dear Mr. Travolta,

I enjoyed our visit this morning.

Allow me to explain.....

I was having my weekly "Cup of Coffee with a Celebrity" this morning (A.K.A. watching Inside the Actors Studio in my jammies with a mug o' joe) and suddenly found myself glued to the television and mesmerized by your all around nice guy-ness, clinging to your every word.

I mean, sure, I've seen every movie you've ever made, Grease repeatedly, Urban Cowboy like, a million times, (Pulp Fiction and Michael are my fav's though) and back in the day I watched Welcome Back Kotter reruns like a damn fool, but I've never considered myself a fan, like FANATIC fan or anything....
But today I have a whole new respect for you. I found your humble, genuine kindness quite refreshing. I was especially touched by the statement you made on how everyone has something very interesting about themselves to share - you just have to know the right questions to ask to find it. And your thoughts on not letting what others might say or think of you affect your outlook on your life or your career - well, that was just brilliant. You seem morally sound.

I must confess, as a very lazy Methodist, I used to scoff and roll my eyes at your religious choices, and admittedly, I know nothing about Scientology. With that said though, you seem to be an honest man of great integrity, and I dig that.

I'm totally adding you to my list of people, living and/or dead, that I would like to meet. You're going straight to the top of that list.

If you ever find yourself in Wichita on some sort of aviation-type business, call me. We'll do lunch. I can't make a bierock to save my life, but maybe we could go down to the McDonald's and get a Royale or Le Big Mac.

Sincerely,
Rockyn Robyn

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am a fan of his too. So sad about his son...

jenny said...

My sentiments exactly. I have been feeling such sadness for them. It is so unfortunate to have to grieve in the public eye - I cannot imagine that.

Anonymous said...

Their son's passing is quite a sad thing for the family.
Robyn, when he looks you up - go to the bierock kitchen on E. Central -- YUMMMMMMMMMM!
Candi