Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Douchebag that Ruined Dinner.

Okay, so back to the story about the idiot at dinner the other night. Now, don't get me wrong here, we weren't exactly dining at a 5-star jacket and tie establishment - it was Carlos O'Kellys, but damn. We had a couple of young whipper-snappers that obviously thought the world owed them something, and, in their haste to make everyone around them aware of their presence, forgot the number one rule of dining out: never f*** with the dude that handles your food.

I am positive this very early twenty-something goober thought he and his girlfriend were the reincarnations of Sid and Nancy, with the noticeable difference being that she looked like a girl who's mother would be MORTIFIED if she knew her daughter was out with this dude. They both were sitting on the same side of their booth, facing me. He was loud and full of self loathing, she seemed perfectly fine with the fact that her boyfriend was an ass.

His chips and salsa weren't fresh enough. His soda was flat. Blah, blah, blah. In between bitching, though, he managed to find time to make out with and put his hands all over his girlfriend, talk to the waiter like he was stupid, and demand that he get a bag of chips and a container of salsa to go with his leftovers he was taking with him, considering how "nasty the first round was."

Jimbo and I waited till Captain Ass-Clown and his gal pal got their coats and headed for the door, then we called their poor waiter over. (who, by the way, was very professional throughout the whole ordeal.)

I gave him a ten dollar bill and told him anyone who had to serve that tool with such grace deserved it. Besides - Mr. Awesome didn't tip him after all that passive-aggressive verbal abuse.

I'm astounded on a daily basis at how badly people will treat other people just because they can.

3 comments:

Chris said...

What a jerk! I'm glad you rewarded their waiter. It sounds like he deserved a pat on the back for not throwing food in the dude's face.

Linda said...

aren't you a sweetheart to take care of their waiter! I would SOOO have wanted to kick that guy's ass! And if I was his waiter I would have spit in his food!

Heather rules said...

I hate people like that.
I used to wait tables and ran into several asses like that.