Sunday, November 23, 2008

Too Busy for Wedded Bliss.

Saturday, November 22nd was 5 years of marriage for Jimbo and I, but there was no time for celebration, as we spent Friday & Saturday with FOUR LARGE PASSENGER BUSES of Special Olympics athletes, coaches, parents and group home staff. We pretty much took over the motel we stayed at in Shawnee, KS. It was the usual organized chaos.
Every year, it seems there are always too many factors involved when it comes to trying to have a nice anniversary. But I suppose this year is fitting......Special Olympics is how we met in the first place.

My little team took 3rd (the bronze) - someone made a mistake with the brackets. (We should have taken 2nd). I think they all had a good time, though. I know I did.


Jim's team took the gold, but that was a given. Most of his players were part of the Kansas Vollyeball Team that went to Nationals a few years ago. They're very talented.


My guys......well, we've got heart. Sometimes thats all ya' need.
So back to the anniversary. How did we spend it? Well, mostly with 140-some smelly team uniforms at the Laundromat. But we did manage to make it to dinner at the tale end of the evening - right back at the scene of our first date, same booth even. Of course, nothing ever ends fairy tale-ish for us...... I'll blog about the douchebag that ruined dinner later.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

um, i'm sorry. I did not know that Saturday was your anniversary.
Happy late Anniversary. I'm a real jerk!

Linda said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!