Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Spoonful of Greased Lightening and a 42 foot Smurf.

Ah, Thanksgiving. Not my favorite holiday these last few years.

I worked today at Ye' Old Death Dealer's post. It was a quiet day, and I didn't mind that at all. It was quite peaceful. My sweet 16 year old daughter stopped by the office to see me for a minute, and that was pretty awesome. It made my day.

Prior to going to work, though, I got my fill of exactly what I needed to make it feel like Thanksgiving: super cheesy musical numbers straight off of Broadway (during the Macy's Parade in New York) in the form of Mary Poppins and Grease. At the risk of being a traitor to my bad girl rocker persona, I dig that crap. Big time. Especially in my jammies with a big mug o' joe.

This year they had a 42 foot tall Smurf balloon, celebrating 50 years or something like that?! Really?! Smurfs been around that long? Who knew.
Speaking of being around that long, can anyone tell me what the HELL happened to Stephen Adler of Guns N Roses??? I've been watching him on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, and I must have missed a few episodes, because I can't figure out what his deal is, other than the obvious.

**UPDATE**
After visiting Wikipedia, I have discovered that Mr. Adler suffered a stroke a while back after doing a "particularly potent speedball." God bless the internet. You learn all kinds of stuff.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Okay I am still cracking up about that picture with the perfume bottle next to the McD's cup - that sucks. Sorry you had to work on Turkey Day, but the true holiday is really the day after anyway. Also, happy belated Anniversary to you and Jimbo!! Truly a great match!! I raise my glass to you both.