Thursday, November 20, 2008

Okay, 6 Random Things....

But I can't tag anyone, because they've all been tagged already.

So here's my 6 Random Things anyway!

1. When I was 8 or 9 years old, I had lived in Tulsa, Ok., and after many years of having loooooong red hair that reached my butt, I talked my mother into a haircut. She kept the ponytail they cut off of me stored away in a box till the late 90's. Creepy.

2. I was once asked to leave the Borders out East for "stalking" Kip Winger, as I was "making the employees uncomfortable." He was doing a tour in the mid 90's promoting an acoustic CD he did to benefit a charity he started in his late wife's name. I had my toddler daughter on my hip, but was desperate to talk to him, just for a minute. I wasn't banned entirely, but asked not to come back for awhile. I never did get to talk to him.

3. I'm scared to death of Storm Troopers. Even to this day. They're clicky and they freak me the hell out.

4. When I was 6 or 7, I fell under a moving merry-go-round and a very large screw cut my back open from left to right. (I was wearing a little 2 piece homemade number, so my back was exposed.) It took a guzzillion stitches and I still have a little bit of a scar, but for years it was hideous and embarrassing. My mother almost passed out twice in the emergency room, and I swatted at the doctor who promptly spanked me on the butt and told me to stop. (he was angry that his golf game was disrupted and I was angry that it hurt.) The "sitz baths" I had to have for months after were horrible and excruciatingly painful.

5. I got kicked off the cheerleading squad at the end of my 9th grade year of junior high because I was failing my science class. I hated the teacher.

6. My husband was the Army tank driver that did the bustin' in (as seen on CNN) at the Waco standoff. I've tried to find out who played the part of him in the made for TV movie, but I still haven't figured it out.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

I LOVE that story about Kip Winger. Funny stuff!

Chris said...

I didn't realize your Jimbo was a star! Awesome. What a traumatic experience for you to be swatted in the ER by a doctor. Luckily when I sliced my leg open I got Dr. Replogle who was wonderful and patient.