Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Dinner and the Houdini Dog.

Riley the Super Chihuahua has a new name.
"Houdini Dog".....

Let me back up a little.

The other day, Rebekah and I, at Jim's request, purchased a little hoodie for the dog. He's 6 lbs of skin and bone, and he ssshhhivvvvers like he's going to freeze to death, whether its 20 degrees or 100 outside.
He let us put it on him without a fight, and then sat there in disgust as we laughed at him.
Needless to say, he hates it, and when no one is looking, he manages to get out of it, leaving it right side out, and sometimes it even looks like he folded the damn thing for me! Talk about giving me the finger!
So on to Christmas dinner! It turned out very well, considering the outdated tiny-ness of my kitchen! it got a little crazy but in the end, it was worth the struggle!
I even got to use the buffet that came with our dining room table. Very exciting.

Ah, that roast was the BOMB!
Considering this is what I've got to work with in the way of kitchen appliances,
I think I really pulled off a feast! The only redeeming quality about this range
is the double oven action going on here. The rest of it? Blegch!
Someday, I'll have that chef's kitchen
I've always dreamed of.
Till then, well, back to the crock pot!

2 comments:

Jennifer Lacy said...

man that girl looks like her momma!

Linda said...

that food looks pretty darn awesome.

And I'm with ya on the strange pet stories. I've certainly had my issues with our cats!