Saturday, December 6, 2008

Three Blogs in One.


First order of business, the oddly tall, skinny, borderline "Charlie Brown" Garrison Family Christmas tree. Its a thing of beauty.

I wanted one of those sad, knotty pine type trees.....this is as close as we got. It's 7 feet of a whole lotta weirdness. Pre-lit, too.
So I added some ribbon and some fake berry stuff and BAM. We've got a true Holiday Oddity.
I love it. Its as unusual as I am, so it fits in nicely at our house. I just hope my Jimbo knows how much better it would look with diamond earrings under it. Am I right, ladies?!?

Second bit of blogginess....

I came to the startling realization the other day that I am as old as Disney World. Okay, well, I think its got a year on me. It Opened October 1, 1971, I was born August 10, 1972. That's close enough to make me feel REAL old.
I have also discovered that my bathroom cabinets and cosmetic bags are full of "Age Defying" products. When the hell did THAT happen?!????

Third bit of bloggy goodness....

Back on my Christmas music rant - After careful consideration, I have decided the only acceptable Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" sung ONLY by Vince Gill. That dude has the voice of an angel.
I have to come clean, though.....I have taken a liking to the old Dolly Parton tune, "Hard Candy Christmas."

2 comments:

Chris said...

Um, sorry. The best Christmas song ever is Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town". And thanks for that little bit of Disney trivia. Now I can add it to the list of things I'm older than. Bah!

Heather rules said...

Um, I also heart "Hard Candy Christmas." I love Dolly.