Monday, December 29, 2008

Obsessive-Compulsive Meets Patience.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a bit of a clean freak - especially at home. Chalk it up to a mother who was a complete nazi when it came to being tidy.
I am, as I sit here and type this blog, ready to freak the hell out. My home is filthy with chunks of ceiling everywhere, its noisy, and my chihuahua is a ball of nerves.
Today there are roofers on my roof.
I was not expecting roofers on my roof today.
I discovered them in the shower this morning. I could hear them up there, but they're awful fast, and as the skylight directly above me was being ripped out of the ceiling, there were at least three guys speaking spanish and laughing very loudly. Awkward, to say the least.
So back to the chunks of ceiling. Its everywhere, and there's not much I can do about it till they quit for the day. This is a HUGE problem for me. HUGE. It's all I can do to sit here and wait. I want to vaccuum so bad I can't stand it.
Bewteen the mess, the noise, and the dog barking so hard all four feet come off the floor......I suddenly feel entitled to a drink.


No comments: