Saturday, September 13, 2008

Big Trouble in the Garrison's Little Garrison.

Ah, the joys of (old) home ownership. Apparently the saying is actually true...."When it rains, it pours."

The ceiling in our bathroom had a big ol' woopsie yesterday morning during Wichita's Storm of the Century.
There's a skylight that I do predict will be a constant source of panic and rage for yours truly over the next few years.
What we thought was just a skylight issue, come to find out, is a full on roof crisis that none of the THREE inspectors (one of which we paid VERY good money out of our own pockets for) that came out when we bought the place seemed too concerned about.

I'm scared to death the whole damn ceiling is going to fall in. (My luck, I'll be in the middle of something important when it happens, if you know what I mean.)

And Yeaay for us....its smack dab in the middle of the room, right in front of the tub. Good stuff.
Lordy. This has been a week from hell for me.
I'd ask "What next?!?" - but I'm afraid to.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

Dude that sucks. I hope your not pulling an "Elvis" when it comes crashing down. ;o)

Linda said...

Hang in there. We've "been there and done that". It will get better!