Monday, September 1, 2008

A Day at the Zoo With the Twins!

Jim and Tim, that is! The three of us went to the Sedgwick County Zoo today. It was a hot day, but tolerable.
I made Jim promise it was going to be a nice, chilled out, good time day, and that he wouldn't ride his brother like a drill sergeant. So he did manage to chill out and relax. They both did.
This is the funkiest bird I've ever seen. Beautiful, but funky!
ACK! I hate the bats. And they were loud and screechy today!
Baboon + camera = nasty attitude. This guy was a tad rude. I was afraid there might be some poo flingin', but we bailed before it got too ugly.
Today was the very first time I've seen the penguin exhibit. They're so cool!
Now this is my very favorite part of the day. These guys just laid there and stared back at us! The one on the left sat there and picked at his teeth and stared at us. Adorable.
Ahh, now this angel was feeling pretty needy today, because her sister was out for breeding.
And the goats were as annoying as ever!
This one rammed me in the butt several times and Jim & Tim had to save me from him more than once. I feared for my life!
Oh, yeah. We got Sno-Cones. Jim bought us some Sno-Cones. I had the grape. Tim & Jim had lime. Aparrently, the lime was a little tart.
Jim made a friend at the petting area. I've seen this horse bite at people before, but today, Jim was okay to visit with, as long as he had food in his hand. This horse is a beauty. Seemed kinda shy, but Jim managed to get up close and personal.
All in all, the day was good. I just wish it had been a little cooler. It was FANTASTIC to have a whole day off with Jim! Its been a while since we both had a day off of work together!


2 comments:

Heather rules said...

Glad you got to enjoy your day off together.

jenny said...

Looks like a great time! I haven't been to the zoo in forever.