Saturday, July 5, 2008

NIGHTMARE NECROLOGIES!

CRAAAAAPOLA. Death was not my friend today. (Heather, I think I've lost my mind.)

Today, the 4th of July silence at the Obituary Desk caught up with me, as EVERYONE apparently decided to kick it on the 4th, and today the funeral homes were back to work! And they have spent AAAALLLLL day revising stuff, adding stuff, deleting stuff, sending all NEW stuff... I was so busy from the moment I got to work to the end of the day that I didn't even get a chance to potty! Not once!!!

I swear, its feast or famine at the old Death Dealer's Desk. And I am wore OUT!

I had some serious goofiness today.....2 families WAITING outside in their cars and VERY impatient when I had to get everything up and going before I could help them, a survivor by the name of "Johnny Walker" (thats just funny stuff right there) and another by the name of "Mickey Thompson" (thats a drag slick), a deceased by the name of "Willie Walling" (I'm not kidding) and a grandchild by the name of "Thumper" (God, I hope thats a nickname)....crazy phone calls from folks trying to find out if someone died because they haven't heard from them in a while.....????????? Are ya' kidding me?!?! We get those kinda calls once in a while, but 3 or 4 in one day?! Nuts, I tell ya'.

And I don't know about Miss Heather, but I have had SOOOO many little kids, toddlers and infants lately, its depressing as hell. What's a goin' on?!?!

Ahhh......Mommy need drinkie, stat.

2 comments:

Linda said...

OMG, sounds like you DEFINITELY need a drink! Sounds kind of like the day I had on Thursday! Hang in there!

Heather rules said...

I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, my weekend SUCKED the big one!