Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jimbo's Getting De-Flowered!

And its about time! That boy needs to get inked! He's ready for his first tattoo! I hope his dear sweet mother doesn't think that I'm some sort of dirty influence on him. She's never said a negative thing about all of mine, though, so I think we're safe.

He asked me to put together something that paid homage to his late father's military days. Jim's family is heavy on the military history....he served, his father, ALL of his uncles, his grandfathers all served......its kind of a big deal. Especially in the Vietnam department. Jimbo, on the other hand, only has one claim to fame. He was the tank driver (as seen on CNN) that rammed the wall at the Waco stand-off several years ago.

ANYHOOO.... here's what I came up with:
It's his dad's military stripes, and at the bottom, "Master Sergeant, Eddy Joe Garrison (there's that hillbilly name again)

Jim's thrilled. He's got it planned for his right arm, above the elbow. I think we may try to get this done over the weekend. If we do, count on pictures to come!!!!
(Dang it, now I've got the old ink itch again....)

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

OH holy crap. I'm so excited for my mister Jimbo!! Thtis is gonna be classic!!! Super SWEET!

Rockyn Robyn said...

I know, right?! I can't wait.

jenny said...

What an amazing statement - love the design! Can't wait to see the finished product.

You know I don't have any tattoos either (much to Milt M.'s dismay)...I'm thinking my 4-0 might be the time to de-chicken myself - we'll see.

Linda said...

What a great design! Wish I had the guts to get a tattoo!