Saturday, July 19, 2008

Starbucks, Pink Dice, Silver Hearses......

I stopped in at Starbucks yesterday morning on my way to work for a tasty coffee beverage, and found myself waiting for my order with Larry Hatteberg, of KAKE Channel 10 fame. He looks much younger in person, by the way.
Everyone was staring. I felt really bad for him, but it wasn't his fault, poor guy - he had no idea he was standing in the same room with THE Rockyn Robyn.

This morning, before I headed in to work, I slipped over to Hobby Lobby to pick up some provisions.....no more dice beads! What the heck?!.....I'm usually in there on a Monday or Tuesday, and its quiet. This morning the place was full of your garden variety weekend soccer mom crafties and little old ladies....I think I was a bit much for 'em.....I felt like everyone was gawking at me. So the trip was a bust.
But thats okay, because I may have found a new spot for beads and such!
My friend Jennifer at work pointed me in the direction of this SWEET website for buying beads wholesale, and I'm so grateful! Its called BeadGiant.com

Lookie what I found!!! Pink dice beads!
And Heather, check it out! Hearse charms!!!!
(I'm all over it, babe.)
If I keep this up, who knows? Maybe I COULD start my own little shop of jewelry oddities someday, and the old gray hairs will be shopping at MY place.

I'm a little bummed this weekend. My Special Olympics team went to Winfield for the State Softball Tourney. I didn't coach it this year, and I'm stuck here at work anyway, but dang, I miss that miserable heat, the sunburn, the sweat, the dirt, and the stinky uniform duty. Its a chore, but I love it. And I'm really missing it this year. Maybe next time.
BUT! I think I have just the thing to cheer me up! I gotta get Jimbo to take me to the drag races this evening! That sounds perfectly stinky, dirty and miserable!!! PICTURES TO COME, OF COURSE!!

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

you know what you need to do... sell some of your goods on etsy!!