Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wild,Wild Garrison Life!

Some crazy stuff has happenend the last couple of nights at the Garrison's garrison.
Sunday night, I was doing some laundry and noticed what first appeared to be more cats (again) in the backyard. (Sorry, cat lovers, you know my take on cats) I of course got mad and started for the back kitchen door, cussing all the way, when I realized, they were RACCOONS! SIX, VERY LARGE, RACCOONS!! And one baby.

They were just passing thru in broad daylight (it was around 7:30 p.m.) and they didn't seem too concerned with us!
I've never seen Jim get so excited about anything like these damn raccoons. He started jumping up and down and squealing "Get the camera! Get the camera! Thats so cool!"
I'm going to assume that there are 2 main reasons why they were in our neighborhood: we live very near the river, and there are some big-ass trash containers out back of the Dillons directly behind our house. (we share the retaining wall with them). At any rate, I didn't mind them showing up.....they scared off another cat!
So last night, our electrical box door flew open again (I've blogged about this before) and for some reason, we have a wall decoration in that keeps falling off the wall and landing in the middle of the kitchen. I think the house agrees with me that the kitchen HAS to be remodeled soon! (blegh....I hate that kitchen.) Its the ONLY room not yet remodeled, and it makes me crazy.
This morning was boobie biopsy day. It was scary as hell, and I'm in a lot of pain. The doctor was super cool. (and cute!) He accidentally hit a little blood vessel, and 4 hours later, I'm still trying to get the small incision to stop bleeding. They gave me some adorable little ice packs to cram into my bra as well.......oooohh...chilly!
Should have some results in a couple of days!

9 comments:

Chris said...

I think you and Jimbo were in the McDonald's drive-thru behind me this morning. Could it be you needed an iced coffee (or mocha) to ease the pain from your biopsy? Glad it's over and now it's just the waiting for results. Grrr.

Rockyn Robyn said...

Yes ma'am, that was me! Actually, it was a plain old hot one! I earned it!

Linda said...

Still sending positive vibes your way!

Raccoons, how cute! But I still love my cats!

Heather rules said...

Is it normal for the racoons to be out in daylight? I didn't think it was. It thought it meant they were rapid. They may not be as cute as Jim thinks. hehe.
I'm thinking of you and the twins

Rockyn Robyn said...

LOLOL!! Heather, do you mean rabid? I thought that too, I thought they only came out late at night - but these guys were running in a big pack - and they seemed to have an agenda.

Jennifer Lacy said...

crazy about the racoons! sending good thoughts your way on the biopsy AND the racoons!

Country Girl said...

rapidly rambunctious rabid raccoons! EEEK!

i had some iced coffee this morning courtesy of mickey d's as well... nonfat with hazelnut - twas positively delightful.

jenny said...

Raccoons are mad demons! Our dog was in a fight with one so Thom smacked it with a 2x4 and the thing didn't even flinch...just hissed. Then he ran like a little girl! Glad to hear the doc was cute - praying for the best!!

Heather rules said...

YES, I meant RABID! HEHE.
Must be the insomnia