Sunday, May 4, 2008

Barney's Place Auction

Last night we went to the auction they held at Barney's Place for our Special Olympics team. It was a packed house. I even saw my old composing room work pals, Marcia Franklin & Royce Green there!
It was a good time, and luckily, we didn't go home broke. Jim snagged a metal "Jack Daniels Avenue" street sign for the garage, and I wound up with a Brighton necklace and a SWEET Pampered Chef basket of little this-n-thats. There were all kinds of really cool gift baskets at the silent auction tables.
Everyone that came through the door got a Koozy full of goodies - pens, free burger coupons...I do love me some Poison Green koozy action!
More baskets. They even had a few pet themed baskets - I bid on one but didn't get it.
Here's Bill, fellow coach & ringleader of the whole auction and golf tourney. Very cool guy. Loves to party! He and his wife Gayle are the bombdig.
Here's Cassie, she's been an athlete on our team since she was a bitty thing- and her mom, Jolene on the right - another fellow coach and all around SAINT of a woman.
Our KU helmet went for $200 - which kinda took the sting out of it because thats about what we paid for it. Not sure yet on the total amount raised from last night, but I think it went very well.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

if there's anything missing from that p-chef basket that you just absolutely MUST have... let me know... i've got a book show goin' on. :)

Heather rules said...

I swear Christina is ALWAYS selling something.

Glad to hear everything went well. Looks like a good time.