Saturday, May 17, 2008

Power Lifters in the A.M.

This morning before I headed into work, I thought I'd slide over to Bishop Carroll High School (sorry, Catholic friends, if I butchered the name of the school....I really dig the Buddy Christ at the entrance though - sorry, Dogma reference there, had to be done) to get a peek at some Special Olympics Power Lifting & Tennis Regionals and visit with my mother-in-law a bit. They tried to rope me into helping with tennis, but shucks, I couldn't - I had to go to work! (whew)

This is my brother-in-law, Tim, with THEEEE DUMBEST smile I think he's ever given for the camera. Musta been in a good mood this morning. He and Jim are twins....put a mustache on this guy and they look just alike! Tim spiked a fever when they were a year and a half old, had a grand maul seizure and it cooked his brain. The family has no idea why, and no idea why Jim didn't get sick too....luck of the draw, I suppose.

Here's Jimbo coaching Jamal during his dead lift.

And again, Jamal.....he's a horse of a kid but gentle as a lamb. Sweet guy.

This is my very good friend and S.O. South-Central Area Director, Mitch. Or, as my 16 year old daughter calls him, "Hot Mitch".....and yes he really is, ladies. VERY much so. And super nice. And married to a very sweet former Miss Rodeo Kansas, Amanda.

They had ONE token girl power lifter. She looks THRILLED to be there.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's my alma mater, and you got it totally right!