Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Movie Review: Death at a Funeral.

This poster says "Putting the 'fun' in funeral" - and it really did just that. It was good for a chuckle.

I'm not HUGE on foreign films, I do enjoy them occasionally (without Hillbilly Jim, of course) but I bought this flick from On Demand late last night, and I gotta tell ya, it was pretty funny. In a dark, oh my, thats nuts kinda way.

Its a British film about two brothers, the funeral service of their father, and the crazy shit that goes down that day.
Its got everything a good funeral SHOULD have:
A funeral home delivering the wrong guy to the house, and then running back to get the right one.
A body falling out of a casket.
An upset midget that hits his head on a glass coffee table and gets left for dead, but he's not.
A bad, accidental acid trip that leads to a naked rooftop freak-out.
A very pissed off old man left on a toilet (in error, due to the "dead" upset midget)
And a pregnancy is revealed.
It wasn't so brilliant that I must see it again, but it was a cute look into the life and secrets of one family in mourning . . . or at least a family TRYING to mourn.

1 comment:

Heather rules said...

I may have to check this one out.