Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I was Brave in The Attempt.

Well, humidity and a nasty battle with acne got the better of me. I was tired of the big brown ball of fuzz.
This morning I did the unthinkable . . . I gave up the dream of long hair and ventured out to get it all cut off.
I couldn't take it anymore. I was trying soooooo hard to grow it out. I think this was the furthest I've gotten in a very, very, VERY long time. I blame Victoria Beckham and that damn bob she's been sporting. I noticed at the mall a few weeks ago that everybody else had the same cut I had, only mine was getting frizzy and annoying.
It was actually a little bit liberating to get it all cut off, and I feel about 10 pounds lighter. And more like myself again.
Besides . . . we're going to Texas for a week, and I don't want to spend the entire vacation blow drying and straightening what The Good Lord obiviously prefers short and choppy.
I feel like a quiter, but as the Special Olympics oath goes . . . I was "Brave in The Attempt."
ON ANOTHER NOTE.....
I was at the bookstore today, looking for a good read to take with me to Texas (I never get the chance to read, so whenever we get the opportunity to take some time off, I try to get a book in while I'm at it.)
I found this one, and just from thumbing through it, I can already tell I'm going to dig it. Its called "Chick Ink" and its "40 Stories of Tattoos and the Women Who Wear Them."
I also picked up a biography (I love those) about the "Kennedy Women" - because it includes the story of Rosemary Kennedy, the disabled sister of John F. and Eunice Kennedy, and how her siblings pulled her out of a state hospital and incorporated her into "normal society" - and how she prompted Eunice Kennedy to start camps for the developmentally disabled, and eventually, Special Olympics. I'm pretty stoked about that book!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Let me know how the Kennedy Women book is. I've followed her story too, and I love biographies.

Heather rules said...

Golly, how do you find all this cool stuff? I want to read that book when you are done.

jenny said...

Don't sweat it on chopping the hair...I never make it through the whole growing out process either. Hey, if we look fabulous with short hair then why fight it...am I right?!

Chris said...

At first I thought that said "Cluck Ink" and I was confused. "Chick Ink" sounds so much more interesting!

Heather rules said...

I miss you!!!!