Monday, June 9, 2008

What I Learned on My Summer Vacation.

Well, I'm back from my trip to Texas. It was too long! I'm exhausted.

I did learn some stuff and saw some pretty interesting things. On Friday we visited The National Museum of Funeral History. It was way down in Huston. I'll blog more about that later.

So in no particluar order, here are some things I learned on the trip:
(this one is VERY important) Whataburger: your last chance for it on the way home
is Ardmore, Oklahoma.
(is it just me or is that the old Wichita Wings logo?)


Taking it with you: Apparently, you really can.

T-Ball: not everything in Texas is bigger.
(they were so TINY!)


Caskets that look like chickens:
HYSTERICAL


Caskets that look like eagles:
remotely humorous if you work where I work.



Childrens hearse from Germany:
Beautiful, but not funny.



My nephew: planning a trip to the outer reaches of our universe with a Buzz Lightyear Halloween costume, a Jr. Astronaut helmet, some gardenening gloves and
his mother's house slippers.



My new niece: ADORABLE!



Embalming: appears to have started during the Civil War.


Old painting of my father: shipped to my brother by our aunts, and
my brother won't let me have it.

Later I will blog a little about the trip to the funeral museum. It wask kinda creepy, but interesting as hell! The stay at Jim's grandparents in Garland, Texas was good. The weather was great till we got to Huston to visit my brother and his family - there, the weather was rainy and humid. I swear I'm the only person to LOSE a tan on vacation.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lacy said...

hmmmmm we have a whataburger right down the street from me in edmond. Just a little more than 2 hours from wichita....if you are so inclined.

Heather rules said...

I've always thought their logo looked like the Wings.
I can't wait to hear more about the museum. You know I'm totally interested in that crap.
Buzz Lightyear RULES and that little niece is super cute.
AWESOME painting of your dad.
BTW - I've missed you something terrible!

Chris said...

That picture of your nephew in his full BL regalia is priceless! Also, your new niece: super cute. That portrait of your dad is wonderful. Maybe you should time share it: one year with you and then one with your brother, etc.

Linda said...

your niece is adorable!

you are right - the Wings logo came from Whataburger.

jenny said...

What a stunning picture of your father! You should scan it in and make your own copy.

Oh, and buzz sitting all creepily in his little chair kind of freaks me out.

Glad you had a great vacation!