Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why.....

IS ALL THE GOOD SHIT BAD FOR YOU?!?!?

I got a wild hair late this morning on my way to work to try the new Iced Coffee at McDonalds. A large one, at that, with caramel in it.

I got curious (after I decided it was so yummy and making my hair dance so fantastically - I feel like a million bucks) and I HAD to know the fat content.

So I Googled it.

Large, with caramel: 11 grams of fat. !!!!!

Damn it! And I was gonna get another one tomorrow. What a bummer. I can't waste fat grams on a beverage, even though its a super yummy treat that makes me feel like I can leap tall buildings in a single bound! Phooey.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for ruining those for me, Robyn! I have become somewhat addicted to them lately. And now because of your investigative work, I may pass them up next time. Rats!

Rockyn Robyn said...

Word. I've become a fan, but I'll have to control my intake, I suppose!

Country Girl said...

um... i guess i probably shouldn't tell you then that iced coffee's are free every monday in june. - and yeah, thanks for jacking it up for me too... cuz i could have sworn i had looked up the cals and fat on the mcd's website... and it wasn't NEAR that bad. you see... oklahoma has had the iced coffee's since at least thanksgiving... turnpikes are great. hehe. i was checking vanilla though. i'll do some research and get back with ya on that.

Country Girl said...

ok... good news... YOU my dear girl... when ordering a large, yes 11 grams of fat - but my geez - you do realize that a large is A HALF GALLON, don't you?? conserve conserve conserve. ah, conserve and splurge i say... cuz the small is only 5g fat... and that's still a healthy size dose at 16oz... (can of pop is only 12oz). go get yourself a free one monday morning!! shoot... when they're free... try one of every flavor. I'VE GOT IT!! a new diet. "The Mickey D Iced Coffee Diet." - have caramel for breakfast to really get your juices flowing, a hazelnut for lunch, and a vanilla for dinner... ah, sounds good. OH!! and before i forget... i know that at least some of the mcdonald's have SUGAR FREE syrup. :)

Country Girl said...

by the way... all flavors - caramel, hazelnut, vanilla... the fat content is 5, 8, 11 - small, medium, large. :)

Rockyn Robyn said...

Oh, cowgirl, you've saved the day!!!!! Sweet niblets, I'm going for one in the morning!!