Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Is This Monday?!

It sure felt like it.
This morning, Karma gave me the finger. I'm not sure why.
On my way out of the house to go meet co-workers for a carpool trip to some training, I stepped down onto a mobile step in the garage (it covers the crawl space access) and up it flipped, along with me, my coffee, my purse and its contents....I broke my ass (there's a huge crack in it now, teehee...and I gigantic purple bruise), dumped coffee all over myself, got a knot on my noggin, and a fat ugly goose egg on my thigh. Jimbo had to help me up - I could barely move. When he asked me (repeatedly) if I was okay, all I could utter was "I ASKED you to fix that!"
Well, even though I'm sore as hell, smelling like a wet dog latte and tore up from the floor up, the day actually came around for me.
Soo....later.....
I took Cowgirl & Linda's advice and headed down to my local GoodWill. I found these FABULOUSLY retro blue plates and this wicked awesome metal kleenex box cover to paint on. The plates were $.28 a piece, the box cover $.99 - woohooooo!! I love a deal.

And on top of that, I got this adorable little purse for FREE, cause the kid at the register thought it was my actual purse. Fool! I'll not attempt to paint on this one, I like it just the way it is!


AND THEN.......I got home and the old Elvis flick, Girl Happy, was on TMC!! FUN!!!!! I love that one....then Spinout!!!! Another good one.

AND NOW.....Heather and her hubcap just might be sliding over to deliver a little project for me! OOOHHHH.....I love presents!

So the day was not lost like my ass and my coffee after all, but I'm glad its almost over.

3 comments:

Heather rules said...

Sorry dude. Was not aware that Gage had a friend coming over. You WILL get your cruiser THIS week.

BTW - Good finds at the Goodwill.

Country Girl said...

wet dog latte... doesn't sound near as good as a caramel iced coffee ;)

Chris said...

My theory stands: Tuesdays are always worse than Mondays.