Monday, June 16, 2008

New Project, Day 1.

Well, today I started tinkering with enamel paints and pinstriping brushes - mostly because I'd like to learn how to pinstripe, but also because I'd like to find a new medium for my doodling, which up to now was all done with a Sharpie on very heavy paper, cardboard, etc.
Well, on accident today, things happenend pretty much like I thought they would.
My hands just did what they knew. I tried not to, but they couldn't control themselves. Its okay, though, because I think I have just openend up a whole new world for myself!

Behold, the coffee mug! (picture's a tad blurry)

Now I'm looking all over the place for crap to paint! I need to go find some big metal pieces to paint on! I need to find some old car hoods! (Perhaps I should start small and visit my local restaurant supply for some old trays.)
Who knows? Maybe someday I'll be gigantically famous! I doubt that highly, but a girl can dream!
Look out world, here comes Robyn! She can't pinstripe for shit but she's got paint and she ain't affraid to use it!!

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

whoo hoo!! wicked cool woman!
here's an idea for ya... hit goodwill and all the other thrift stores... buy up old pots and pans and stuff!! :)

Linda said...

I think you've got a career ahead of you. Great mug, and I'm with cowgirl, you can find all sorts of stuff at thrift stores or garage sales.

jenny said...

You and Quinn! That is so awesome - such talent. Mine would look like a fish out of water flopping around or something...way cool, way cool.

Heather rules said...

I'm gonna need a coffee cup.

And don't worry, you are gonna have something big and metal to paint soon. when should we deliver? is your class tonight?

Chris said...

I LOVE that coffee mug! You definitely have a great talent.