Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little More Vacation Stuff.

I managed to get a shot of the giant Sam Houston statue on the way out of the Houston area from the car. Damn I'm good. (thanks Heather for pointing out my Houston oopsies)
Need a casket shaped like an onion? Yeah, me neither, but now you can say you've seen one. Yep, thats a fish casket behind it. And if you look real close, there's Jimbo hangin' out behind the chicken casket, getting a look at the giant outboard motor casket.
We saw an exact replica of King Tut's sarcophagus at the Museum of Funeral History - it was pretty awesome. Not sure if I spelled that right. This old hand painted ambulance/hearse sign was pretty cool, too. Attached to it at the bottom is an old matchbook with the same logo. We saw A LOT of hearses at the museum. Many of them were of the horse drawn kind, some from Germany. They were fabulous and beautiful. Creepy, but beautiful.
Oh, yeah - Jim's Aunt Bonnie turned 53 on the 3rd - she doesn't look it! She's a flight attendant, blonde, gorgeous......its just sick. But she's so sweet, you can't hate her for being a living Barbie Doll!
This morning I had my very first mamogram. Interesting. I'm a bit uptight about it, but won't get official word for a week or so - they showed me the pictures they took this morning - large mass in lefty - kinda freaked me out.
On top of that, they have strapped a stupid-ass heart monitor on me that cannot come off for 24 hours - it looks ridiculous, and I can't shower till they take it off, which will be right before work in the morning. Great stuff. Tomorrow may be a bandana day if things don't go well.

6 comments:

Heather rules said...

Who in the sam hell would want an onion casket? I mean, I love onions, but I don't want to be buried in one.

Chris said...

Congrats on your first mammogrammo. They're great fun, aren't they. The mass in "lefty" could just be a fibrous area. I have those in my "righty", so it's not a biggie. About that heart monitor...

Heather rules said...

Can I ask a question? Have I been spelling "Houston" wrong my whole life? I thought maybe there was a story behind it????

Rockyn Robyn said...

LOLOL!!! No, Heather, I just keep forgetting to put the "O" in there. I'm lazy like that I guess!!!

Linda said...

Mammos are so much fun (NOT!)...

Jennifer Lynne said...

Onion casket? Oh goodness... LOL