Friday, June 20, 2008

Concussed!

Or thats what they tell me. Most of the day Tuesday, though, I was sore, but fine.
On Wednesday afternoon, Jimbo had to take me to see my doctor, as the effects of my fall off the step the day before were starting to take effect. Dizzy, blurred vision, queeeeeezy......not to mention the POUNDING, RINGING HEADACHE!
So after several x-rays and some stupid off the cuff questions about the day and date (thats not fair! I work for a newspaper! I never know what the date actually is!), it was determined that I had a nasty concussion. The doctor said by the looks of it, the bang to my head should have knocked me out cold. He said it takes about 24 hours for your brain to swell and for things to get tight up there in yer' noggin before you start to notice that stuff ain't quite right.
Well, needless to say, Jimbo feels like a jerk for not fixing that step when I mentioned it a few months ago.
The doctor gave me a tongue lashing for sitting in front of a computer for 2 days after and a work release form, demanding that I stay on bed rest till the 26th.
I laughed at him. (It made my head hurt, though.) So I got him talked into 2 days down, no TV, no reading, no computer and then I can go to work.
So today I'm going nuttier than squirell poo! I'm not a sit-arounder, and bed rest is the funniest 2 words I've ever heard! But I'm staying as low profile as possible, just to keep Jimbo quiet, because he's acting like I'm terminal.
As long as I don't let the Tylenol wear off, and I don't get too active, I think I'll be fine. If I horse around too much, the head starts a'poundin'!
And no TV, my foot! Fire in the Sky is on....I forgot how scary the thought of being abducted by aliens is!!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Robyn! Take care of yourself. I can't believe you were concussed and didn't know it. That's dangerous. Sounds like you're finally taking it easy, but I'm not far away so let me know if there's something I can do. Seriously.

Heather rules said...

I love Fire in the Sky. Saw it at the theater when it came out. CRAZY!
Let me know if you need me tomorrow. Call me tonight if you'd like me to deliver your project!