Sunday, May 18, 2008

Family Night.

Jim's grandparents came to town tonight!
They're making their whirlwind tour of family graves for Memorial Day a week early - Jim's dad is buried in Newton, so we'll be hittin' that spot with them on Monday. They are so stinkin' cute.
Grandpa was a marine and a boxer back in his day - that little man ain't skeered 'o nobody.
Funniest thing I've ever heard him say made me literally fall off the couch laughing, in referrence to a fight he got into with a fellow Marine during World War II : "I might be small, but I'm a championship boxer and strong as an ox - I'LL PUT THE LATCH ON YA!"
That is some funny stuff. He doesn't stop going. Up until last year, his house was the most lit and decorated in Garland, Texas at Christmas time. He can tell you the exact light count and everything. Did it all himself. We've got him talked into not getting on that ladder anymore.
Grandma's not been so well and has had several heart surgeries lately, so we're going to go spend some time with them in a few weeks. Jim needs it.
Interesting note: Jim's Grandpa is the twin brother of Bessie Presley, she and her husband Lloyd started the Presley family show out in Branson. Very big show - AND Lloyd is the 6th cousin of ELVIS! Wow. Royalty in the family.
Jim's Aunt Paula & Uncle John came by to visit as well. They're a couple of old Harley riding hippees. I just love these guys. They're the coolest.
They have an Anniversary Edition Harley Davidson - its bad ass. And LOUD!

Uncle John announced to us tonight that he's joined a band. He actually has been writing some music and has recorded a few songs - he sounds just like Lemme Killmister. He's wicked awesome.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Presley royalty?!?! I'm so impressed by your relatives, Robyn.

Jennifer Lacy said...

What a great fun family!! I guess we are kinda related. My claim to fame has always been that my godmother is priscilla presley's first cousin! cool!