Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthday Goodness.

Today was my birthday. Started out crummy, got WAY better come evening time.
I got home from a semi-crappy day at work to find my sweet baby girl there with a Panini Press for me! Very exciting! I love Panini sandwiches. So does Becky.

I'm looking forward to makin' some interesting sandwiches with Becky on it.

THEN! Jimbo drug me out to the garage to present me with a super cool Del Mar Schwinn Crusier bike to ride while we restore the Hollywood Schwinn that the Clintons of the White House (but not THAT White House) gave me a while back. Jim needs to do some tweaking - the guys that assembled it put some stuff on backwards....like the front fender.
It looks blue here, but its actually a pearly purple-ish color. I LOVE IT!!

I felt like an 8 year old, climbing on that thing tonight and tearing around the block. I cannot WAIT to ride it on the regular....I can already tell its going to be REALLY good exercise. And I feel so damn spoiled!

I'm totally getting a bell and a wire basket for this thing!

Jimbo, his brother, Tim, and Becky took me out to dinner at Johnny Carino's for my favorite meal, the cheese tortelloni.....and a HUGE glass of wine.

I also got a beautiful plant from my buddy, Vonnie, and my other other good friend, Leslie, stopped by work today with a goodie bag that included a Happy Bunny shirt that says "Hi. Where's Your Off Button?"

At any rate, it turned out to be a perfectly self-indulgent, giant child day for me. And it was fantastic!

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

OMG!! That bike is super bad-ass!!! That needs to be your new myspace pic!
Happy Birthday. I'm sorry it sucked at work. You TOTALLY should have scheduled that day off. What were you thinking???

jenny said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Now just Vonnie needs to join us 36 year olds come Sept. Love the bike! Sounds like a great end to a sucky day.

Chris said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Robyn!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday a day late. Girl, I love the bike AND the panini press!