Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bocce Buddies.

It was Special Olympics Bocce practice night again, and I had a few more athletes interested in coming out for it, so tonight Tabitha & Kent joined us. They've never played before, but they sure were good at it!

Here we have Jim-Bob (yes, thats really his name, actually, I think its James Robert, but to everyone its just Jim-Bob) in the sunglasses, his fiance' of about 16 years or so, (not kidding - they've lived together forever.....commitment issues I guess....)Leah, and on the right, that's Tim, my bro-in-law. Here's Terry - she's an old pro at this sport. Seriously. The girl's got game! They should have made HER the coach, she's that good.
These 4 - Tim, Terry, Jim-Bob & Leah, have been with our Special Olympics team for a very, very long time. I couldn't even tell you the years between them, but they've been with the team WAY longer than me, for sure.
I'm really enjoying coaching this sport. Last Thursday, we were missing some athletes, so Jim and I played with Leah & Jim-Bob.....guys against girls......and I gotta tell ya, I think I'm a pro. I'm wicked awesome with a Bocce ball.

3 comments:

Heather rules said...

You go Bocce queen!

Chris said...

Look at you with the mad Bocce skillz!

jenny said...

Man, that looks like fun! You had amazing weather for it too. You are most certainly the Bocce Queen!