Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Adventures.

Monday I drug out my 1 Shot paint and brushes and decided to do some more practicing. So I painted the tissue box cover I picked up at a thrift store a while back.

I'm getting really frustrated, partly because I need a place to practice and not make a gigantic mess. Jim says I can have a spot in the detached garage, but its so HOT right now! The painting isn't going as well as it should, but perhaps when the weather cools off I can spend some time out there and really focus.
It looks like brother-in-law, Tim, is about to be my new buddy. Tim and I are going to start cooking together over at his apartment as often as possible. Jim's afraid he'll leave the stove on, and his list of things he knows how to make is very short. On top of the cooking, I'll be helping him keep his apartment picked up, mostly to keep Jim off his back.
Ever heard of Bocce? Its kinda like lawn bowling. Well, its also a Special Olympics sport that takes place along with soccer. It took me a week or so to talk the brother-in-law into giving it a try, (it would get him out of the house on Tuesday nights) but in the process, I got roped into being the coach. ?!?!? I know JACK SQUAT about bocce. I guess I better go google it.

5 comments:

jenny said...

Damn! That tissue box rocks! Looks like the painting is going just fine to me. I know what you mean about a "space" just for it though - makes a difference. Good luck with the bocce!

Chris said...

I heart the tissue box. Ummm...isn't bocce Italian or something?

Rockyn Robyn said...

Bocce is the SHIT!!!!!!

Linda said...

I LOVE the tissue box! I know nothing about bocce!

Heather rules said...

Bocce ball rules!