Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesdays with Timmy.

Kinda like Tuesdays with Maury. Only with the brother-in-law.
On my way over, I swung by and picked up Ron, a fellow athlete who was on the Kansas Volleybally Team with Tim at the first ever Special Olympics Nationals a few years ago.
This evening we (mostly I) made tuna tortellini, with a HUGE lack of pots and pans. Dang. I agreed to start cooking with him on the regular, so I guess we're going to have to venture out and get some cookware.
Tim knows how to make hamburgers, and we keep him in good supply of meals from the freezer, so he doesn't have to use the stove too often on his own - Jim's affraid he'll leave it on by mistake, and that is very likely.
I think next time, Robyn's gonna have to take her sweet-ass Panini press with her - I think he can handle sandwich assembly.
I figure with Jim on call on Wednesday nights, I might as well hang out with the OTHER twin. I don't think he'll ever be Emeril, but I'm trying! Tim's very high functioning, but EXTREMELY forgetful, so it'll be an interesting test of my patience, for sure.
Maybe I'll take pictures of our creations and blog about it when I can!

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

hey... if you take the panini maker and he digs it... let me know. cuz i'm pretty sure i still have my quesadilla maker... haven't used it in ages since i use my foreman for my 'dillas. anyhoo... if i can find the maker... he's welcome to it. :)

Country Girl said...

and while i'm thinking about it... what else does he need? cuz the next 72 hours of my life... or however many hours there are in three days... DEDICATING TO GETTING MORE ORGANIZED. i'm sure i have plenty in my kitchen i don't need!

Rockyn Robyn said...

pots and pans! he's got a few small pots and a few small pans - can't boil shit!!