Thursday, August 7, 2008

I HATE Garage Sales, However...

My bestest bestest friend since KINDERGARTEN, Jennifer, and her husband just moved from Hoisington, KS to Clearwater, KS, and she has a 3 year old that's going through clothes like mad.
So Saturday morning, before I head in to work, Jenn and I are going to have some quality girl time and hit the west side garage sales. (Cowgirl - anything good goin' on in your neighborhood?) I cannot stand garage sales, but perhaps I'll be able to find myself some good stuff to practice pinstriping on!
Jennifer has been my best friend since the very first day of kindergarten out in Great Bend, KS. I love her. Very much. We've been through so much stuff....mean girls, puberty, bad boyfriends (and a couple of good ones, wink wink!) nasty breakups, terribly broken hearts, CRAZY parties, lots of drinking, her wedding, my divorce, babies, job changes, WHEW!.....serious water under that bridge. I would not be the person I am today had I not picked a fight with her over the play kitchen that fateful morning in September, 1977-ish (or something....stop doing the math in your head....I'm old.)
She and her husband, Dirk, took jobs at the high school there in Clearwater. He's an algebra teacher and a football coach, she's the guidance counselor....and they are the best people I know. And I am soooooo excited to have them here now.
At any rate, anything Jenn wants to do, I'm game for! Cause I love that girl!

**UPDATE**
It rained all morning so the garage sale trip was a bust, but we did hit the Farmers' Market at 21st & Ridge and got some wicked awesome jalapeno-cheese bread from Yoder that was the BOMB! Yummmmmo.

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

1977... immediately I thought to myself "that's when i was in kindergarten." :)
and dirk... hmmm... i graduated with a dude named dirk. sure don't hear that name too terribly often.

Heather rules said...

did you find anything good?

Jennifer Lacy said...

I just started going to garage sales again and am really loving it! If your friend with the 3 yr old has a GS let me know - my alost 2yr old is growing like crazy too!

Rockyn Robyn said...

It rained, ladies! Didn't find much to paint on, but I did pick up a few things...