Saturday, August 23, 2008

Breakfast with the Ladies!

This morning before I headed in to work, I had breakfast with a few of my very good friends and work buddies, Vonnie & Leslie at the King's X, right down the road from my house. In the many years I've lived in Wichita, I have never eaten there. From the stories I've heard, its looking like they cleaned it up! I was pleasantly surprised at how clean this greasy spoon was!

It has to be said, however, I will eat breakfast with ANYONE who asks, ANYWHERE they choose, as I am a bit of a scrambled eggs and bacon whore......and it must be served with some hot coffee (cream and sugar please). I LOVE breakfast, but I don't get a chance to eat it much, so I reserve such a treat for the weekends once in a while. There's nothing better the the previously mentioned, and I get excited just thinking about it. God, I love bacon, especially when someone else has cooked it! Scrambled eggs and bacon make the rest of the day better for some reason.

I hope we start meeting up on the regular for breakfast. I had a real good time. And I think I'm fed for the day!

In stray kitten news.....Jim delivered Rikki Rockett to the Humane Society this afternoon, and the girls there immediately renamed him "Orange Julius" - what a CROCK! That's lame. Apparently, they have no sense of creativity or respect for the hair bands. Jim said they told him he'll (they said "he", so I'm going with it) be there for at least 7 days, as he has to be checked over and deloused, so to speak. Bless his little heart, he'll get three hots and a cot for a while, anyway.

4 comments:

Linda said...

so glad Jim took Rikki to the Humane Society. Took bad they didn't keep the name you gave him. Hope he finds a good home.

And breakfast sounded delish! I love bacon too, but just don't buy it because it's a pain to cook and it's too fattening. However, if we ever go out to breakfast (which is rare) I always snag me some!

Rockyn Robyn said...

Well, we need to have a blogger girl breakfast!!!

Chris said...

Kings-X does rock. My parents and I are big fans. I always get the two, two and two (two scrambled eggs, two strips bacon and two pancakes -- delish). You should also try Clear Lakes Cafe down 21st (west) a ways. It's owned by the same people who own the Beacon and it also rocks the breakfast scene. But next time, call me!

Heather rules said...

If I have to look at the scrambled eggs and bacon on this post, I'm might just eat my monitor. and yes a blogger girl breakfast sounds fab!