Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hamburger Beans for a Good Cause

Tonight I made a big attempt to "cook" in my nasty, outdated, lame as all get out kitchen/laundry room/office/command central.

I signed up at work to make a meal for co-worker Sara and family, as she just had her 3rd son, 10 weeks early (baby's still in the hospital) and has 2 growing boys and a new husband at home. I had NO idea what the heck I was going to whip up when I signed up to help out, but I wanted to do something!

I dug out the ol' electric skillet, since my oven is a freaky, nasty old thing that looks like a giant toaster oven. I'm scared to use it, and 2 burners don't work anyway. We're saving up a little for a kitchen remodel, but for now we've been making do with the microwave, a crock pot and the electric skillet. And the pizza delivery guy is our new best friend.

So what could I come up with that would be easy and tasty? My world famous, recipe stolen from my ex-in-laws, Hamburger Beans.

This looks disgusting, but its super yummy. I really love it in a pita with some cheese on top. Its hambuger, pork'n beans, BBQ sauce, some onion, garlic salt, worchestersire sauce, and a pinch of brown sugar.
At any rate, it was made with love, and just in case the boys don't like it, I'm sending some big giant store-bought chocolate chip cookies over, too. I do hope they like it though, and I hope mommy gets to take her baby home soon!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Boys will eat anything, won't they?

Country Girl said...

mmm... i want some chocolate chip cookies!

Heather rules said...

I want the bean stuff!! I need to try that sometime.