Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Really, Punks?!

Rebekah had a strings performance last night. It was awesome, as usual.

Can you see her here?
(hint: NOT the kid with the mohawk.)

Jim and I ALMOST had to give some punk-ass kids sitting very near us a beat down. I couldn't believe it. They were talking and laughing and using their cell phones and being straight up obnoxious and loud. The kicker was, 3 of them had just come off the stage from performing, themselves! I got so angry, I leaned over Jim and had a full on stare down with one of them. The place was crawling with teachers and parents and no one did a thing about it. Of course, Jim complained very loudly all the way out of the auditorium after the performance, and sure enough, people are nodding in agreement......but nobody DID anything!!!!

Doesn't anyone teach their children respect anymore?! Apalling. If Rebekah behaved like that I'd kill 'er. And she knows it! I just cannot fathom behaving like some of these teens do today.

At any rate, the senior high (my baby's group) was FANTASTIC! They did some songs from the musical, Chicago, and their Beethoven's 1st Movement was the bomb!

5 comments:

Heather rules said...

Way to go Becky!
Mean disrespectful kids SUCK!

Country Girl said...

i hear ya! the lack of manners in so many nowadays is so sad. -- and... jeez... the way some of the girls dress... bunch of hoochie mama's!

Linda said...

I have to applaud the music teacher at Heights. He opens every program by telling parents AND students to turn off their cell phones - no texting - no talking. He tells parents to take their screaming babies out so they don't bother the performers, and he tells people to stay seated and only leave or enter the auditorium during breaks. Believe it or not, it works! I don't know if the students are scared of him or what; but after the first performance last year where students were texting in between performing, he put a stop to it. If they're caught, they drop a grade in his class.

The disrespectful kids need to be taught respect, and parents and teachers who witness the behavior need to speak up!

jenny said...

Don't mess with momma Robyn! I often wonder if the teachers are so used to it that they are desensitized to the rudeness. It is sad that it is the norm anymore.

Rockyn Robyn said...

I almost had to send some e-hate. But I didn't. THIS time.