Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Princess & The PEE.

(Come on, that title is just FUNNY.
Or it will be in a minute.)

I have discovered something odd in the bathroom of the house we just bought.

Perhaps I should give you the "poop" first. (MAN, I'm on fire today.)

The bathroom of the new place is what could be called a "Hollywood Bath" or maybe its a bit of a "Jack & Jill" - its a long galley style room, in the middle is a bathtub/shower combo, lovely skylight, and on each end of the room there is a toilet and sink, with a few doors here and there, making it possible for more than one person to use the facilities at the same time.
It had been completely remodeled before we bought the place, and the toilets are fairly new.

Here's the deal . . .one of the toilets, namely the one closest to the bedroom (for a middle of the night dash in) is EXTREMELY tall. I mean, really. My husband and I are very short people, and I don't know about him, but I look like Edith Ann climbing up on that thing, and my feet dangle! Seriously! Its so tall the paper roll next to it is WAY up on the wall, as well.
The sellers did not strike me as lanky people. Was it on sale? Was it a close-out thing down at the Home Depot? They needed a new crapper and the price was too sweet to pass on? Who knows, but for stubby little me, its reminiscent of the famous children's story of that gal with the stack of mattresses.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You crack me up Robyn!

Country Girl said...

edith ann... i've got a new house / toilet story for you. i had some friends who sold their house, and a few days later got a call from the new owner. their big complaint... "when we go poop, and then lean over to wipe our butt, the toilet tilts." no shit - seriously! :)

Chris said...

I'm still chuckling a little bit because the visual of "Edith Ann" climbing onto your toilet is freakin' HILARIOUS!