Saturday, February 2, 2008

Modern Technology Always Bites it on The Weekend

It never fails. (Well, yes, it does I guess. . .) All the bad stuff happens on the weekend while I'm working alone.
Today, our company's network took the big sleep, and I had a stack of obituaries that needed input, funeral homes asking where their proofs were . . . it was crazy. Suffice it to say, more than just the network died today, and I am NOT referring to the customers. God bless the guys up in Technology. I'm absolutely positive they're tired of being stalked by me! Are we fixed yet? How 'bout now? What about now? Now? . . .
Do you hear that dripping noise? Its my meltdown.

**UPDATE**
For my friends at the Big Bird . . .problem got fixed at straight up 5:00! How's that for skin o' your teeth for those I.T. boys! Thats not to say I was still at it for quite some time, but it coulda been worse!

5 comments:

Linda said...

sorry you had a mess Robyn. It never fails does it? love the graphic!

Heather rules said...

so what time did you get out of there?

Rockyn Robyn said...

around 7:30 - not bad - I planned ahead and it payed off later!

Country Girl said...

heather and i drank for ya, well... heather especially ;) - i was driving, no shots for me.

Chris said...

Sorry you bore the brunt of the network calamity. You're right...I.T. ROCKS!