Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good grub, bad colons, and a mocha.

This evening Jimbo and I took ourselves down to the Copper Oven for dinner, just cause we were feelin' a little trendy and cool. I love the atmosphere. The prices are a little steep, but the wait staff is wonderful, the owner came over and visited with us like we were regulars, and man, did we look oh, so L.L. Bean.
I ordered myself a fabulous cafe mocha to sip on while I waited for my fatoush salad with grilled chicken. Hillbilly Jim, of course, ordered what else? Cheeseburger. Way to broaden your horizons there, big boy.
My salad was super tasty, as was the mocha.
When Jim stepped away to use the restroom, I was left at the table to finish the magical fatoush. Since I was alone, it became very easy to hear the conversation at the table next to me, especially since the four sitting there were not exactly speaking softly. I found myself getting all the dirty details of one gentleman's colonoscopy, as told by his wife! Right down to the blow by blows of his excruciating prep work the night before.
Really, people? REALLY?!?!? HELLOOOOO.......eating a salad here!!
At any rate, I think I may have to slip back in there and get me some carrot cake very soon! That bakery case was awful tempting!

4 comments:

Chris said...

The Copper Oven rocks! I love it there. All of their food is wonderful.

Country Girl said...

so where is the copper oven anyway?

Heather rules said...

I have never been there, but have wanted to try it.
I think it's on 13th, west of McLean.

Rockyn Robyn said...

is! right next to Cameo cakes, and I believe its the Indian Hills area technically - but don't quote me!