Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Big Girl & Little Man.

So today is my sweet Beckyboo's birthday. The Big 16. I'm feeling pretty old. And a little sad. When she was a tiny thing, I thought about this day and it seemed light years away. Now that its here, all I can think about is how much I miss that squeaky little voice pestering me at 6 a.m. for poptarts and milk.

I remember one spring day when she was 3 or 4 - Becky and I drove my grandma to a doctor's appointment, and then on to Wendy's for lunch! (grandma & Becky loved Wendy's) Smiling at my little angel wolfing down nuggets, Grandma said to me, "THESE are your golden years - not old age, right here right now." - She was so right. I was such a young mother, I feel like I took a lot of it for granted.

I hope all the things her dad and I have tried to instill in her all these years sticks. She's on a good path so far! I couldn't be prouder.

Now as for her little brother. He's another story. I think I need a dog whisperer.

Since the move, he's become even more needy. He hears new noises that must be barked at, he's nosey, and he just cannot stand to have anyone do anything but hang out on the couch with him. He's pathetic. Monday he tried to give the mail man the what-for. Its actually quite funny - he's got a touch of the old Napoleon Syndrome - big man, little body. Makes me crazy. You should see what happens when you ask him "Where's Becky?" - he LOVES that girl!

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

oh robyn... i hear ya. they grow up WAY too fast. and the golden years... grandma was so right. every day i miss my little man being my LITTLE man. baby boys worship the ground mama walks on. teenage boys... not so much. :(

Rockyn Robyn said...

Word. When she was little she LOVED girlie-girl stuff. Now she's my rocker chick, and even though we have good times together, I miss my little Barbie-time girl.

Jennifer Lynne said...

Your doggy is so cute I want to squeeze him! :-) It will take him a while to get used to the new place. I'm sure he will be fine after a while.