Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'd Rather Have Teeth Pulled.

I love to shop. For just about anything. With one major exception.

I absolutely HATE car shopping. HATE it. I'd rather go to the dentist and have teeth ripped from my mouth. I detest everything about it. I'm not the kind of girl that needs a fancy car, I don't have to have the sweetest ride in town . . .if it runs good, the A/C works and its not a COMPLETE turd, I'll drive it. I could care less about status or otherwise.

So Monday, I found myself in car lot hell with Jimbo. He'd been hinting for a while that he wanted to turn my little Saturn (which I love and its very dependable) over to Miss Rebekah, who just turned 16 and has been beating the streets for a part-time job. She'd have to pay the insurance, but otherwise, its way too fantastic of a first car, and she couldn't pass on his offer when it was suggested.

After some persuasion, Jim talked me into checking out a few options for myself, since Becky would be getting my silver bullet. There was the Chevy HHR. There was the Saturn ASTRA. There was the Toyota YARIS. I told him I'd like to take a look at the SCION out on east Kellogg, and he was all about it. Originally, I thought I'd like to see a little Scion XA. But the minute we pulled into the lot, he spotted the XD, and it was on.

And I must admit, I think I'm in love. Its so damn cute.


Will we purchase it? Probably. I'm not going to get excited about it, and if I do happent to accidentally get excited about it, I would never admit it to Jim, but I sure dig it. Its adorable and its totally me, right down to the color.

But I'm not getting excited about it.

**UPDATE**

We bought the car and I LOVE it! Its so much fun to drive! Yes....I'm excited about it.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cute car...I can see you in it. I can tell you are not excited!

Chris said...

That is so freakin' adorable!

jenny said...

you better buy that car... it is too awesome! it is so you. do it...do it..do it!

Heather rules said...

That is cute. I HATE care shopping too. It's sucks bigtime, just about as much as friggin Wal-Mart.

Rockyn Robyn said...

I really did like not having a car payment. Selfish, I know, and this is all because Bex needs a vehicle, but damn.