Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday, Sad Mommy.

Tonight Jimbo & I delivered the Silver Bullet to Rebekah. I cried all the way out to her house. Not over the car, though. Alone in the car on the way out to there, all I could think about was my teeny little pre-schooler that loved Barbies and anything Princess related. I could hear that squeakie little voice singing in the tub as she played and splashed.

Needless to say, I'm taking this milestone REALLY hard. I'm not sure why. Its not her skills as a driver, she's good there. She drove us to dinner tonight. Its just so bizzare to have a 16 year old, driving, sophomore. Yesterday, she drove herself to get a hair cut and then picked up a gal pal for lunch. ?!?!?!? Where does the time go?!? Its seems like just yesterday I was strapping her into a car seat!

I'm completely freaked out. And so sad. But I'm also very lucky, as I have a very grateful, responsible kid, and a husband that loves to spoil her . . . I wonder if she'll keep the wicked cool Eagle Parking sticker . . .

4 comments:

Chris said...

What a sweet post, Robyn. When I started at the Big Bird, your little girl was only SIX. I still can't believe how grown-up she is. So I'm tearing up a little, too.

Linda said...

they sure do grow fast, don't they? Sounds like you have a special girl there!

Country Girl said...

so sweet. you've raised a great girl!

Jennifer Lynne said...

You got me about ready to cry in this post! :-( I don't ever want this day to come. I know I will be bawling like a baby.