Monday, March 3, 2008

Still Not Used to The New Life.

The hardwood floor virgin had an interesting experience this morning.

I jumped out of bed to put some coffee on, but before I did, I padded on into the living room and turned on some lights. Barefooted.

Flap, flap, flap across the cold hardwood floor, then CRUNCH. Hmmm....cold, wet, crunchy on bare feet....don't look down. It can't be good and you're half awake. Don't look down........CRICKET!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHhhhhhhh.......thats nasty.

Oh, good Heavens! Talk about getting completely freaked out!!!!! That has NEVER happened to me before. I'm kinda missin' carpet today. Just another little thing at the new (old) house that I'm just not used to yet.
I think I need to get some super thick socks!!

7 comments:

Jennifer Lynne said...

Oh I don't like crickets at all! Eww. Cute corner in the house though!

Jennifer Lacy said...

but it's sooooooo pretty!

Linda said...

Oh gross! I would have been yelling! I hate crickets...

Heather rules said...

Crickets freak me the hell out. HATE then things.
I suggest the think fuzzy socks from Bath and Body Works.

Chris said...

I <3 hardwood floors, too. I must be feeling kinda strange tonight. I usually hate hearts.

jenny said...

love my hardwood floors! probably not if i had stepped on a cricket though.

that corner in your house looks just like nick garrett's house on october road. it creeped me out to where i had seen the picture before - its an exact match.

Rockyn Robyn said...

I've never seen that show - I should go back and watch it online from the beginning!