Saturday, March 29, 2008

John Lennon Would Be Proud!

My daughter is obsessed with this flick. I finally got to see it last night at home, courtesy of On Demand.

If you're a Beetles fan, you'll love this musical. Its a take on the lives of several New York young people during the time of the Vietnam war. Every song was a Beetles tune, and the versions of each one and how it pertained to the situations were just awesome! Some of the lyrics finally made sense to me. (except for the toejam football thing . . . still don't get that one.)

There were a few big name musicians present, including Bono, who played a wacky peace loving American hippie, and Joe Cocker, who played a few odd characters, including a subway bum. My favorite actor/comedian, Eddie Izzard played the part of a creepy big top ringmaster during what can only be described as a wicked acid trip after everyone drank some funky "pink punch." (you know somethin' trippie is gonna go down when someone says "Hey look! Pink punch!")

I truly believe John Lennon would have absolutely loved this movie. Now I have to go out and get the soundtrack! It was that cool!

KOOKOOKACHEW!

No comments: