Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rockyn Robyn: Music Critic

Even though I'm a hair band girl and an all around rocker chick, I have a few odd guilty pleasures, and Janet Jackson happens to be one. Its Robyn. Miss Jackson if you're nasty . . . that worked out well, since that was actually my name! I've LOVED her since junior high, and have thoroughly enjoyed just about everything she's done. UNTIL YESTERDAY.

Don't get me wrong, I still love her, but I purchased her new CD, "Discipline," and there's one good song on it. The rest is a real stinker. I would not suggest it. At all. I'm super disappointed, and I want my nearly fifteen bucks back. On the other hand, I also picked up an el-cheapo "Best Of" Motley Crue, and its pretty awesome. And an old Johhny & June Carter Cash album. Its really cool!

So today is my "Sunday" . . . I think I may stay in my jammies a while longer and sip some coffee. Then maybe I'll color my hair, do a mani/pedi, maybe see what old movies are on. Its suppose to be a lovely day, though . . . maybe I'll venture out. Haven't had too many lovely days lately . . .

2 comments:

Linda said...

don't own any Janet Jackson. But I am really trying to open myself up to all kinds of music - Joni Mitchell, Melissa Etheridge, Seether, Three Days Grace, Kelly Clarkson...I'll listen to just about anything.

Country Girl said...

yo... i think i'm gonna have to steal your idea and put a pic of my baby along side on my page too. :)