Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I HATE WALLPAPER!

I've come to the conclusion that wallpaper just might be paper straight from the devil's diary. I hate that stuff.
The house we bought has some in the dining area - border and some other freaky stuff that just doesn't want to come off the wall.


If you or someone you love is thinking of trying wallpaper, I beg of you . . . just say no!

I picked out a really funky color for the hallway and formal living area. I don't think my husband cares much for it, but I dig it! I think it will look super cool with our dark brown living room furniture. Finally, the bedrooms are done and ready for carpet.

We found newspapers from 1971 in a top part of one of the closets the other day. The Wichita Eagle as a matter of fact! Its funny - there's an Old Charter ad - I remember several years ago when alcohol and tobacco companies had to stop advertising, so its really neat to see this Old Charter ad. There was also a classified section - THAT sure hasn't changed much!

This photo is a bit off - the papers have actually yellowed, but aside from that are in perfect shape. I'm thinking of framing some of them. They're pretty cool.

Well, Ghosthunters just started - NEW EPISODE FINALLY!! I must go!

6 comments:

Heather rules said...

That is SO cool. Suzanne did a story in yesterday's Big Bird on old newspaper they found while remodeling their bathroom. Super cool stuff. You should frame them, that would be really neat.

Heather rules said...

And BTW I HATE wallpaper too.

Country Girl said...

you gonna tell us what the super funky color is, or did i miss that? can't sleep... the dog was snoring. i kid you not.

Chris said...

You should definitely frame some of the cooler pages. I'm super jealous! I'd love to do that. Snoring dogs? That's such a good reason not to have one.

jenny said...

I wonder if Wasinger, Mundt, Kramer, Overstreet of Hobbs did those ads? ha ha! I love finding stuff like that. Now you have to wonder did a spirit leave it there for you to find...hmmmmm.
P.S. Cowgirl get some sleep tonight!

Jennifer Lacy said...

remer the eagle ghost? any word on him?? still freaks me out!