Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Night, Sold Out.

I'm a Shox fan. I love the basketball, both Men's & Women's, love the baseball, the softball, even the volleyball.
I never actually attended WSU, but I became quite the junkie a few years ago when Daryl Smith was coaching the girl's basketball team. I loved going to the games just to see how long it would take him to get kicked out for going 5 kinds of plaid on the refs. He became a good friend of mine when he and his girls started hosting clinics for our Special Olympics athletes. They worshiped him! It was crazy. Many of us that coached Special Olympics at the time would go to the games wearing black and gold shirts that read "Daryl's Disciples". We were hard core.

At any rate, Jane Albright, the coach that replaced him after an unfair (and in my mind ridiculous) firing from the A.D. Jim Schaus, is not a gal I can really get on board with. No sir, I don't like her.

ANYHOO . . . tonight's men's game against Creighton is sold out, so Jimbo and myself are watching from the sofa. And they just lost by 3. I'm not too sure about the men's new coach, either . . . I miss Turgeon.

GO SHOX!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

WE MISS TURGEON TOO. Watched a bit of his Texas A&M game this afternoon. Brought back a lot of old memories of him coaching WSU.

jenny said...

I just hate when coaches change too. It is always such a let down. Perhaps why I loved when Kyle Chandler came back to coach the Dillon Panthers on Friday Night Lights. I was watching last night's show while Thom watched the Shockers... sorry Robyn! I just had to get my Kyle Chandler fix! mmmmmmm...yummy